Wednesday, July 26, 2006

10th day July 26th - Finally mowed the yard...sort of.

7pm - winding down the day.

I got up this morning around 9am to the sound of a lawnmower. As I sat up from my nice comfortable, warm, bed and while rubbing my eyes, I reached over for Liz - but just patted an empty bed. I then turned my head to look out the window and there was my wife...mowing the backyard. So I dragged my a$$ out of bed, put on a cap and then went outside to mow the front yard. Yuck. Then I edged both lawns and I am glad I did. The yard looks great. Afterwards I walked to the backyard to put away the mower and saw Liz clipping at one of our bushes in the back. We had pulled up two of the four a while back and they just looked overgrown. She had been watching those darn HGTV Gardening shows and had seen how these bushes were supposed to look. She explained to me they were to look like ice cream cones ...okay....


So she started and then I got "Zen" inspired and started clipping. 1 hour later this is what I came up with. Not bad. I'm surprised that they are supposed to look that good. But leave it to my wife to tell me how to create a masterpiece! Later I scrubbed the outside of my grill - lots of bird poop. Plus I may grill later this week.


I can't believe my second week of vacation is halfway through...

Later we all showered and then we took off to Milbergers Nursery and then Gardenville. We needed to find something to keep our dog Max out of the garden planter I built. You could tell he was in there because of the big paw prints. I thought Liz was going to kill him. I was not too impressed with Gardenville but Milbergers...oh my...you could buy alot of stuff there. But then there would be a whole lot of digging!



After we got home Liz and the kiddos took off to buy school supplies. She came back $140 less and still didn't get everything! She'll finish up tomorrow. And Joaquin needs Floppy disks! What the heck kinda of school am I sending my kids to!? But I digress...while they were shopping I made an appointment to get my haircut and I'll probably shave. I've got an idea of how to show you that so keep reading my posts.

So tonight we'll just have some sandwiches and some other libations. I'm doing some laundry and will finally watch some of those movies I rented. I returned The Interpertor (with Shawn Penn and Nicole Kidman) - I didn't even get to watch it. Oh well. Got Flightplan and Syriana showed up today in the mail. So I'll leave you all with our evening activity.

G-man

P.S. I know it's Diet Coke...but I've got to start cutting back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE SAYING GOES THAT BEHIND EVERY GOOD MAN IS A BETTER WOMAN. WELL G-MAN, IN YOUR CASE SHE'S IN FRONT OF YOU. BY THE WAY, YOUR BUSHES IN THE YARD LOOK GOOD. WILL YOUR NEW HAIRCUT LOOK THE SAME?

DBUNTROCK

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»