Thursday, July 20, 2006

4th Day Thursday July 20th


2:36pm - Sports video for my son is finally done! This morning I burned a copy and showed it to my wife. She cried at the end...just the emotion I was shooting for! So I made a quick cover and then built a little insert for the coach. He'll get the special one. I've decided to burn 10 copies and I'll sell them at the party on Saturday. If everyone starts crying I figure I can get at least $20 per DVD...ok...maybe I'll just give them away. :-( All kidding aside, I just want to share with the coaches and family how much fun the season was for the Rangers!

So today we just hung around the house until we ran errands. We dropped off the truck to get the oil changed, ran to Walmart for pictures and then I ran into KinkoFedEx to print out nice labels for the DVDs. We then picked up the truck and ate at MoMaks where we'll be having the baseball party. We also tested the DVD to make sure it works - Daddy used to be a Boy Scout you know. Afterwards Liz took off to get party favors for the kids and I came home to update the blog. I was going to dig that other hole...but believe it or not...it's raining! Whoohoo! For the grass you know? Guess I won't be digging today!

I'll post more tonight.

G-man

9:56pm - Well just got back from a wonderful dinner at the La Hacienda restaurant about a mile north of 1604 off Redland road. I felt bad that I didn't dig that last hole for the fence post because it had rained. If you don't believe me see this picture.

This is the back of my truck with water in it. I back my truck up into my slightly sloped driveway and when it rains - the bedliner collects the water. Grass ought to do good this week...but that means I'll have to mow...grhhhh...

Anyway, as I was saying. Liz called me around 5pm to tell me that her friends had invited us to have dinner at La Hacienda. I said, "Cool" and thought nothing of it. When Liz got home around 6pm with the kids she told me to take a shower, put on some khaki shorts. I'd never been to this restaurant but didn't think I'd have to dress up! And then Liz added insult to injury when she said, "...and put on your Hawaiian shirt." I almost didn't go...imagine...wearing a Hawaiian shirt on Thursdays! I opted to just wear a polo pull over and didn't shave - call me rebellious.

We met Liz's friends at La Hacienda around 7:15pm. It's apparently run by the same folks as Los Barrios off of Blanco and Basse Road. It's bigger though...much bigger. We sat outside (I was surprised at how crowded it was for a Thursday night because I thought I was only one on VACATION!) and had a wonderful dinner. I washed down the Crispy taco plate with Sangaritas - Man, those were good. I surrendered my keys to Liz and she drove home - I'm going to sleep good tonight. The video is done, I don't have to dig a hole and I can sleep late tomorrow - life is good. So I'll sign off tonight and leave you with a picture I snapped on the way to La Hacienda. Nice sunset with the sun streaming through the clouds...it was almost perfect...if you can get past those darn powerlines! Remember - you can click on the picture for a larger one.

So as the King of Cowboys would say, "Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you. "

G-man.

No comments: