Wednesday, July 19, 2006

3rd Day Wednesday July 19th

8:30pm - Okay, so I haven't updated my blog until late today. It's been one busy 24 hours.

Yesterday I did laundry most of the day but did get to rent two movies. I watched The Hills Have Eyes and it sucked. I remember seeing the original 70's version at a dusk till dawn moviefest at a drive-in in SA and the only thing remotely familiar was a character that I cheered for...and it wasn't the two-legged variety. I won't spoil it but those that have seen the movie will know who I'm talking about. I did manage to do four loads laundry while watching the movie but I'm going to save the other movie for me and the wifey.



I decided to go through more of the tapes of my son's game I'm supposed to have ready by Saturday. I finished three more around 4pm and then just got on a roll and began putting the sports video together. I finally had 1 hour of video done by 9pm! I was going to stop but then added music and it got me going. At 11pm I had it down to 35mins and then by 2am it was down to 26mins. I gave up and crashed. I was beat. I knew I had to wake up early since tomorrow was Apple iMovie Boot Camp for Joaquin.

Wed 7:30am - I woke up and showered then Joaquin and I took off to Micky Dees for breakfast. We got to the Apple Store around 8:45am and I watched as Joaquin got paired up with another kid and they began the iMovie Boot Camp. Basically they let them borrow a video camera and a Mac then they shoot, import, edit and burn to DVD a short movie. I watched and got involved when Mall security ( Rent-a-cop on a Segway) wouldn't allow my son and his new friend to film him on video. So Dad became the undercover cop. Movie came out good but let me tell you it was tough to sit in the Apple Store...with all those bright shiny new Apple hardware...I almost caved and walked out with some new stuff. But I made my save. Even tried to log on to the blog but it was just too distracting. The camp was cool though. Joaquin got a free T-shirt, patches, a book and even his movie burned on a DVD! Too cool. I'll post it on my web site soon so you can watch him.


After we got home Joaquin decided to stay and help me "edit" the baseball video. He gave me some good pointers and after 2 hours I got it down to 23mins. We then took off to get Emmy who was at Summer camp. We got home and I made dinner for them since Liz is working late. She is trying to get things wrapped up before she goes on vacation tomorrow! So today was my free day. Good news is that FlightPlan and Teenage Date Movie showed up from BBV rentals so I'll have something to watch tomorrow while I fold 4 loads of laundry!

Tonight I'm just burning a test copy of the baseball movie. I'll probably do some tweaking to it tomorrow as well then finish up the cover. I want to have it ready soon so I don't keep messing with it. Besides I have to dig those holes tomorrow. And Liz will be with me so who knows what list she has!

So that's it for now. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

G-man

No comments: